Grandpa Scalzo’s Famous
Chicken Sausage Spinach Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Grandpa Scalzo’s Famous Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sized onion, halved and sliced
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken sausage and onion; cook and stir until chicken sausage is lightly browned and onion is crisp-tender.
Place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining olive oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat.
Add sausage mixture; serve immediately.