Grandpa Scalzo’s Famous
- 2 large spaghetti squash, halved
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound Grandpa Scalzo’s Famous chicken sausage
- 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, rub insides of spaghetti squash with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
Bake until tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
Once cool enough to handle, shred spaghetti squash with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned.
Divide tomato sauce and sausage among halves and top with cheese.
Broil until cheese is browned and squash warmed through, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.